Bill Gates Net Worth And Top Amazing Facts In 2016
We take a look at Bill gates net worth and some of the top facts of this Microsoft Giant.
- Bill Gates is the Co-founder of Microsoft, which is now the largest software company in the world and has founded several other companies on the arms of Microsoft.
- He married Melinda gates in 1994 and the couple have 3 children, Jennifer, Pheobe and Rory Gates.
- He is a world leader in the fight against AIDS and set up the global fund to help fight the disease. He also founded the bill and Melinda gates foundation.
- He stepped down as chief executive of Microsoft in the year 2000 and finally left the company altogether in 2008.
- He launched the first retail version of Microsoft Windows in 1985 and also developed an operating system for IBM called OS/2.
- Gates has been in court several times over anti-competition accusations from companies who say he does not play fair.
- He appeared in several advertisements in 1998 to promote Microsoft and even had Jerry Sienfield in one of them.
- He was arrested for a minor traffic violation in New Mexico in 1997 and the mugshot from this was used in one of the commercials for the company.
- Most of his assets are held through an entity called cascade investment LLC, through which he has investments in hotels and Corbis.
- He was named one of good house-keepings most eligible bachelors of 1985.
- His house on the shores of Lake Michigan was named as one of the most expensive in the world at $125 Million Dollars and features a 60 foot swimming pool with an under water music system.
- It’s well known that Bill Gates and Apple founder Steve Jobs had a significant rivalry throughout the 1980’s and 1990’s with both companies at each others thoughts for many years, this ended with the death of Jobs some years later.
- Gates was made a knight of the realm by queen Elizabeth ll in 2005 and in 2006 he and Melinda were awarded the placard of the order of the Aztec eagle.
— and finally
Bill Gates Net Worth is currently estimated at $79.2 Million
Thanks for reading this article on the Net Worth of Bill Gates and his top facts, we publish more of these every week so stay tuned.
Want to write for us and get paid? Check out this article on how to turn your writing hobby into cash.
So what are you waiting for? Join listhogs.com today and make an impact on news that matters to you and get paid for doing it!